Today Is National Voter Registration Day!
Today, Tuesday, September 22, 2020 marks the 9th annual National Voter Registration Day! This nonpartisan civic holiday celebrates our democracy and involves the collective efforts of thousands of volunteers, nonprofit organizations, businesses, schools, libraries, and election officials from all over the country.
In advance of this year’s National Voter Registration Day, both chambers of Congress put forth bi-partisan resolutions to recognize September 22, 2020 as National Voter Registration Day. The resolutions received support from both sides of the aisle, with Sen. Roy Blunt (MO) and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (MN) backing the Senate resolution and Rep. Kathy Castor (FL) and Rep. Billy Long (MO) backing the resolution in the House of Representatives. The resolutions encourage all eligible citizens to register to vote, verify that their registration information is current, and to cast a ballot on or before Election Day.
White Oak Library District is proud to support our election process by providing free and unbiased information from credible sources, using all three branch libraries as polling places on Election Day, providing the space for an off-site ballot box, and providing staff and computers to assist all citizens in registering to vote.Scott Pointon, Director, White Oak Library District
Information for You
We’ve put together the following information to help you determine your voter status, apply online to register to vote, find Voter Registrars, and get the deadlines.
Each White Oak Library District Branch Library will have a computer dedicated for you to look up your voter status and register to vote. You do not need to have a library card or have a library card in good standing in order to use this computer for these purposes.
Lockport Branch Library to Receive a Ballot Drop Box
White Oak Library District is thrilled to be a part of the early voting process with a ballot drop box outside of our Lockport Branch Library at 121 E. 8th St., Lockport, IL 60441.
- Mail-In ballots may be dropped in the drop box instead of in a mailbox.
- The Will County Clerk’s Office will pick-up ballots every day.
- Anyone who votes in Will County may place a mail-in ballot in this box. You do not need to live in Lockport or be part of this precinct.
- Non-Will County residents should not place a ballot in our box.
- Questions about the ballot box? Contact the Will County Clerk’s Office at 815-740-4615.
Click the link on the dates to be taken to the specifics on the Will County Clerk’s website:
- Thursday, September 24, 2020: Vote by mail ballots mailed.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020: Last day for registration of voters by deputy registrars, and last day for regular registration or transfer of registration within the offices of the election authority.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020: First day for grace period registration and voting at the office of the election authority or an early voting location.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020: Grace period and same day registration begins.
- Sunday, October 18, 2020: Last day for voters to register to vote through the State Board of Elections website.
- Monday, October 19, 2020: First day for early voting at permanent polling places other than the office of the election authority.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020: First day that a qualified voter who has been admitted to a hospital, nursing home, or rehabilitation center not more than 14 days before the General Election to make an application with the election authority for the personal delivery of a vote by mail ballot.
- Monday, October 26, 2020: Last day for some to make vote by mail application. (U.S. Service Members, their families, U.S. citizens outside the United States, nonresident civilians)
- Thursday, October 29, 2020: Last day to receive application by mail for a vote by mail ballot from any registered voter presently within the confines of the United States.
- Monday, November 2, 2020: Last day for early voting at the office of the election authority and early voting locations.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: General Election 6:00 am – 7:00 pm. Last day of grace period registration and voting in the office of the election authority or at location designated for this purpose by the election authority.